The campaign to weaken gun control in Canada is strong and built on misinformation. You can help by showing your support and helping to get the real facts out there.
1. Write and call your local Member of Parliament and party leaders and tell them to do everything in their power to stop the further weakening of gun control.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper: (613) 992-4211; Stephen.Harper@parl.gc.ca
Public Safety Minister Vic Toews: (613) 992-3128; Vic.Toews@parl.gc.ca
Leader of the Official Opposition Hon. Thomas Mulcair: (613) 995-7224; Thomas.Mulcair@parl.gc.ca
Liberal Party of Canada Leader Justin Trudeau: (613) 995-8872; Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca
Bloc Québécois House Leader André Bellavance : (613) 995-1554; Andre.Bellavance@parl.gc.ca
Green Party Leader Elizabeth May: (613) 996-1119; Elizabeth.May@parl.gc.ca
Find contact information for your federal MP here.
2. Write and call your local MPP or MLA and your Premier’s office and tell them to do everything in their power to stop the further weakening of gun control. To contact your Premier and MPP or MLA, find the details for your province below.
3. Keep up-to-date with the latest details on the issue by following the Coalition for Gun Control on Twitter: @CGCguncontrol.
4. Write a letter to the editor and help ensure that misinformation in the media is challenged and that the real facts get covered too.
5. Encourage others to get involved and raise awareness of the risks association with the misuse of firearms.
6. Donate to the Coalition. The Coalition survives due to the generous support of our members and supporters. Help us keep the fight for sensible gun laws in Canada going by making a donation today.