The campaign to weaken gun control in Canada is strong and built on misinformation. You can help by showing your support and helping to get the real facts out there.
1. Write and call your local Member of Parliament, party leaders, the Minister of Public Safety and opposition critics and tell them to do everything in their power to stop the further weakening of gun control. You can find their complete contact informations here.
Liberal Party of Canada:
Right hon Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister: (613) 995-0253; Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca
The hon Ralph Goodale, Public Safety Minister : (613) 947-1153; Ralph.Goodale@parl.gc.ca
The hon Jody Wilson-Raybould, Justice Minister and Attorney General of Canada: (613) 992-1416;Jody.Wilson-Raybould@parl.gc.ca
The hon Stéphane Dion, Foreign Affairs Minister: (613) 996-5789; Stephane.Dion@parl.gc.ca
Conservative Party of Canada:
The hon Rona Ambrose, Leader of the opposition and (613) 996-9778; Rona.Ambrose@parl.gc.ca
The hon Erin O’Toole, Public Safety Critic: (613) 992-2792; Erin.OToole@parl.gc.ca
The hon Robert Douglas Nicholson, Justice Critic: (613) 995-1547; email@example.com
The hon Tony Clement, Foreign Affairs Critic: (613) 944-7740; Tony.Clement@parl.gc.ca
Leader of the Official Opposition Hon. Thomas Mulcair: (613) 995-7224; Thomas.Mulcair@parl.gc.ca
Randall Garrison, Public Safety Critic : (613) 996-2625; Randall.Garrison@parl.gc.ca
Murray Rankon, Justice Critic: (613) 996-2358; Murray.Rankin@parl.gc.ca
Hélène Laverdière, Foreign Affairs Critic: (613) 992-6779; Helene.Laverdiere@parl.gc.ca
Green Party of Canada:
Green Party Leader Elizabeth May: (613) 996-1119; Elizabeth.May@parl.gc.ca
Here is an example of a Letter to send to the Minister of Public Safety, Ralph Goodale.
2. Keep up-to-date with the latest details on the issue by following the Coalition for Gun Control on Twitter: @CGCguncontrol.
3. Write a letter to the editor and help ensure that misinformation in the media is challenged and that the real facts get covered too.
4. Encourage others to get involved and raise awareness of the risks association with the misuse of firearms.
5. Donate to the Coalition. The Coalition survives due to the generous support of our members and supporters. Help us keep the fight for sensible gun laws in Canada going by making a donation today.